Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ten blessings in hard economic times

Ten Benefits (Blessings) for Christian Schools During Difficult Economic Times
S. M. Outlar

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,
whenever you face trials of many kinds….” James 1:2

1. We are more astute in utilizing the school’s finances.

Proverbs 30:8 “Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.”

2. The school becomes a special haven of security for soul and body of constituents during turbulent economic times.

Hebrews 6:19 “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,”

3. The world gets to see what we are made of - Resurrection Power!

Philippians 3:10 “I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,”

4. We are driven to prayer and trust in our Lord.

Psalm 86:6 “Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy.”

5. Provide stewardship (money management) seminars for our families.

I Samuel 12:23 “As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right.”

6. Reach out to needy families in our community with food, goods and the
Gospel of Grace.

Psalm 37:3 “ Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.”

7. Consider how we might collaborate and partner with other Christian schools.

Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God every time I remember you.”

8. Stimulate and exemplify unity among the body of believers during times of stressful and fractured relationships.

Psalm 133:1 “How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!”

9. A time to reassess our purpose for existing as Christian schools.

Hebrews 10:24 “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds”

10. To practice the truth that it is better to give than receive.

Acts 20:35 “In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive."

No comments:

Post a Comment