Thursday, January 8, 2009

What is Advance Christian Schools?

I believe we, in the Christian school movement, are missing a wonderful opportunity to do our fundraising work in a way that honors the Lord. Many of us (me included) have employed secular techniques, sprinkled on a little Bible (for sanctification), and wonder why we are not being blessed financially.

Here is where I describe a new opportunity:

Mission

The mission of AdvanceChistianSchools.com is to develop biblical approaches to development and advancement in the Christian school industry.

Vision

The vision is to train a new generation of leaders who will lead their schools to set new standards of biblical stewardship so that Christian schools simultaneously grow stronger (both relationally and financially) and glorify God, who gave them their original mission.

http://www.advancechristianschools.com/

I invite any administrator or school board member to join on this journey to transform ourselves and to assist in the transformation of God's people as we link the Gospel to giving and link giving to the Gospel.

2 comments:

  1. In our school we talk much about teaching our students with a Christian worldview, but then in my development practices I fail to employ the same. A Christian worldview is one which looks at each subject recognizing that God is sovereign and Lord over that subject. It is time for me to view development with the same view and ask the right questions, "How does God's Word inform my development practices?" I pray that my development practices will increasingly have the aroma of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good emphasis Harold. I spent 30 years in Christian School work and thoroughly enjoyed them! I consult with schools now on benefits and a school management software. I get to see so many schools doing good things but they can always use more help.
    Nice to see your support and emphasis.

    Tom Smart

    ReplyDelete