Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ready to Start a New Year

In Exodus 33:12-18, God calls Moses to lead His people.  Moses comes back to the Lord in this amazing conversation and says:
  • Who are You sending with me?
  • Teach me your ways so I may find favor with you
  • Remember that this nation is your people
God replies, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

As if to underscore the necessity of God's Presence Moses says, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.  How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us?  What else will distinguish me and your people from all of the other people on the face of the earth?"

As we know, God is pleased with Moses and insures that Moses' requests are granted.  In the big picture, it is Moses coming into alignment with God's plans.

As resource raisers, we must pray that God's Presence (the Holy Spirit) is going ahead and with us.  It is incumbent on us to realize our total dependence on the Lord to raise up givers and gifts. 

As Moses declared, we dare not venture into the financial fray without asking to be filled with His Presence and to follow His lead.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. - Proverbs 16:9.

Let's make it an obedient year!

No comments:

Post a Comment