Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Stewardship of Our Integrity

I struggle with humility.  I want my school to be as big and as strong and as beautiful as the finest I have ever seen.  I also have bouts of "building envy", that feeling that comes over me when I see the building that "we should have".  Hence, there is the temptation to stretch or exaggerate how good things are, however we postmoderns tend to define good - generally more and growing.

Dan Busby, President of the Evangelical Council on Financial Accountability (ECFA), has written an article in which he warns of slipping integrity as the result of both comparing and competing where and how we should not.  The consequences of slipping integrity can be disastrous to our schools.  It's a problem that creeps in under the radar but one that can erode the very truth we stand for as a Christian institution.

The solution is given to us by Paul in Philippians 2:6-7, to be a servant like Christ. "People who recognize and embrace their smallness keep getting bigger and bigger in God's eyes.  It's the oddest scoring system." to quote Dan.

Please read Integrity Slipping and see how the Lord may be speaking to you with regard to how you represent and present your school.

No comments:

Post a Comment