Saturday, June 19, 2010

Permission to be a biblical fundraiser

I had the privilege this week of speaking at the annual convention of the Association of Classical and Christian Schools ( www.accs.org ) . My topic: Stewardship: God's Way to Raise Resources.

This topic has been the source of content for this blog over the past year and I had the joy of challenging my peers to think and act in accordance with the Scriptures as they think about raising resources for their school.

God was gracious in giving me the ability to communicate clearly and with passion. Afterwards, I received many nice comments, but there were two that I share now:
  1. "It just makes sense that God, who is sovereign over everything, would have principles by which we raise funds; and, that they would be different than the non-Christian world follows (who is mostly concerned with "what works").
  2. A second person told me "You gave me permission to be particularly Christian in my approach to raising funds.

What a joy to help people catch God's vision for how we live!

No comments:

Post a Comment