Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Generous Fundraiser

In the world of fundraising, it is presumed that we ourselves are generous with the blessings we have from God. After all, doesn't it make sense that we cannot ask for what we are not giving?

So, what does generosity look like in our lives? Here is a quick test that you get to grade and score yourself.
  1. How am I doing with my financial giving? Am I giving in the same proportions of my income that I ask our donors to do?
  2. How am doing in giving my talent? Have I offered to help another development or stewardship person any assistance, encouragement, or prayer?
  3. What am doing with my time? Is my schedule so full that I cannot be "interrupted" with the needs or concerns of another? Do I take my precious time and think about who might need a good word?
  4. Would others describe me as a generous person? Would they say I am effective and efficient, but not particularly loving?
  5. Am I sharing my journey of becoming a generous giving in a way that invites others to join or does it come across like I have "arrived" and my donors just need to catch up?

I write this as I come under conviction for holding back. The Lord is gracious to forgive, but He also puts generous saints in my path who remind me that I have far to go.

Thank you Lord for your patience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment