Thursday, November 4, 2010

'Twas the Night Before the Ask...

Tomorrow we officially launch the Annual Fund campaign for the school. I am doing the "ask" myself, opting for the "insider" vs "headliner" approach.

The ask comes at the end of the annual Fine Dessert where every grade of the school will give a short demonstration of the work they are doing. I am following the Rhetoric students who will be having a apologetics discussion.

While I will share the financial goal ($225,000), I will not try to break it down into "manageable" chunks for donors to see if they can do their share.

Instead, I am sharing my 3 P's of Stewardship:

Passion - what desires for the Kingdom has God put on your heart?

Provisions - what gifts have you been blessed with that need to be released to Kingdom work?

Purpose - what is the right destination for your giving where it will have the greatest impact?

Legacy is another part of my short talk. We are leaving a legacy, one of generosity or one where we are "tippers" after receiving the blessing of eternal life.

We cannot go into these situations asking: "What are the right hooks or hot buttons?" We must always be looking out for the spiritual best interest of our donor/friends. We must let God be God and trust Him to bring the right resources at the right time for our school.

Pray hard, prepare well; then watch and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment